You donate. We match. All for the kids!
The KC Golf Classic is a community event that contributes greatly to the economic vitality of the greater Kansas City area.The KC Golf Classic Birdies For Charity program is a matching fund program that provides Missouri and Kansas non-profit organizations with programming for children – as well as K-12 schools – with a unique opportunity to raise additional funds year-round.
Organizations receive every penny they raise, PLUS up to a 10% match on every donation up to $5,000 in total matching funds. There is no minimum amount that must be raised to receive the match. The KC Golf Classic will redistribute collected pledge funds to participating charities in May and August. Matching funds earned during the 2020 program will be paid in August 2020.
Total organization pledges $50,000
BFC match (10%) $5,000
Total organization BFC payout $55,000
How to become a participating charity: 2020 eligibility
Organizations must have 501(c)3 status plus support children and youth in the greater Kansas City metro. Alternatively, organizations are eligible if they are a K-12 school in the state of Missouri or Kansas.
How to Donate
Organizations may solicit donations two ways:
- Encourage donors to go to the KC Golf Classic website and donate.
- Collect pledges yourself or hold your own fundraiser and write the KC Golf Classic Foundation one lump-sum check for the amount raised*.
- $50,000 is the maximum amount of pledges per year eligible for match.
*Must complete a submittal form that itemizes the source(s) of the funds raised.
Individual donors may pledge two ways:
- Make a one-time flat donation.
- Pledge a per-birdie amount based on the number of birdies made by Korn Ferry Tour players during the 2020 KC Golf Classic. There were 1,353 total birdies during the 2019 KC Golf Classic. What is a Birdie? A “birdie” is a score of one stroke better than par for any golf hole o the course. Par is the normal expected score of a golf professional on any given hole. For example, on a par 4 hole, a score of 3 is a birdie.
Key 2020 program dates
- Program runs through July 31, 2020.
- Pledges must be collected by July 31, 2020 in order to receive matching funds.
- Collected pledge funds will be distributed on May 15 (for pledges received by April 30) and August 15 (for pledges received by July 31).
- All matching funds will be distributed on August 15, 2020.
More reasons to join the family!
Booth at the KC Golf Classic
- Opportunity to promote your organization at the Birdies For Charity booth located at a prime location during the tournament.
- All participating charities receive 10 general admission tickets to the KC Golf Classic (good any one day May 7th – May 10th).
Birdies For Charity program resources
- Each organization is provided with an online portal that allows them to view real-time pledge totals in the program database.
Direct donation link
- Each organization is provided with a unique donation link that can be shared with donors via their website, social media and email.
- Upon program approval, organizations will have access to a program toolkit, including the Birdies For Charity logo, program overview materials and more.
Get started today!
2020 participating charities
Bags of Fun Kansas City
Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
Camp Quality Missouri
Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith Third and Long Foundation
Horses and Heroes
House of Hope Kansas City
Keep the Spark Alive Foundation
Nick’s Voice Fore the Kids
Saint Thomas Aquinas High School golf team
The First Tee of Greater Kansas City
For more information on the Birdies For Charity program, please contact Tracy MacDonald at email@example.com or (913) 652-6912.